Thread: Help!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Help!!

Hi all,
    I accidentally erased 3 days worth of files from my Lord Howe Island, Australia trip off of my Samsung T5 SSD external hard drive. I see that there are many sites that advertise recovery programs to retrieve the files.
    Can you recommend a program? I have downloaded more files on the SSD since the accidental erasure of 3 days worth of files. Can this be recovered at all?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
    Gail

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Oh no!! I'm not really in the know for this type of situation but I sure hope you can get some good advice and recommendations. Fingers crossed for some recovery.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gail, if you have not formatted the cards then you might be able to recover the files them, but have never bee in that position. Depending on the make ie Sandisk, there may also be a help desk, but this is why it's key to 'mirror' back ups whilst away, or at home.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gail i went through this .... for me it worked out half well , files back just not the original file names .

I used Disk Drill ( mac OS ) .... it takes ages to work , but all files saved .

Good luck , Andreas

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Gail, I know it's late now but I have a different approach to images taken. I just leave them on the compact or now SDXC card, and I download them when I get home. It saves carrying the weight of external drives and laptops etc. SDXC cards are a fraction of the Compact flash cards I used to buy, I have 6x64GB cards and have found this adequate for my trips so far.