Thread: Curious Cub!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Curious Cub!

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi All,
    Thanks for your comments on my previous post of the lioness with cubs, such a tender yet powerful moment. Here is one of the cubs which was barely a month old who got bold enough to venture closer to us. The twigs in the FG show how small it is.
    1/800
    f/5
    ISO 3200
    1DX II
    500mm II

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a cute image Doc ! I loved the look on its face , so innocent. This one looks nicely processed and nice low pov helps here. Nice choice on DOF as well since it results in getting the face sharp and rest of the parts fading in nicely.

I feel it is a bit too tight at the foot of the frame, you can consider adding a bit of canvas if this is not already cropped.

Nice image.

TFS !

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Sanjeev another super image, this cub is adorable, I have made an alternative for your consideration,WDYT?
    (I brightened the eyes a little added a little texture to the coat and subsequently lifted the darks which had become a little too dense - just a little, then I masked the head and removed the tail).

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Jon, I dont mind it at all. Thanks for the RP. It just looks a bit too light. But none the less, shows the way.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb, sadly no more space below was its near full frame. Will try and add canvas below.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Sanjeev,

I saw the word "cub" next to your thumbnail so I thought I'd save this for last He is indeed tiny, and also very brave to walk away from mom to investigate things...

Wonderful capture, again light was not at its best but I am glad you managed this at lower ISO. POV is great. Indeed the frame is a bit tight at the bottom but content is superb, this little face looks innocent enough to melt anyone's heart.

I think I would keep the tail in the picture - not in an ideal position as it slightly curls behind the subject's ear but for me it adds, not takes away from the image. I do like Jon's repost and especially in terms of the eyes and mouth/nose.

Enjoyed this, very much. This cub is so adorable, I want to grab him from the screen and put him in my pocket Let us have some more please, many thanks for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

9. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super cute Sanjeev. So small too. Great POV. Something in between the OP and RP I think. I like the inclusion of the tail because even though it does touch the eye, it (to me at least) indicates the subject is relaxed and adds to the playful feeling. Nice details on the face. TFS

11. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev you seemed to have a great time with those lions .
    Always a treat to see those little ` monsters`..... Fun when they start playing .
    Love the low POV and the head on pose !!!!!
    Color / tones are looking good to me , reflecting quite well the time of shooting i think . I see where Jon is coming from with his eye lifting !! But if the tail is removed ...something looks missing . And if i remove something ... i would not add some more fur .
    Why not shooting with higher Iso ..? You have the kit for it .

TFS Andreas

13. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post