Thread: Theme: Black Capped Chickadee

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Theme: Black Capped Chickadee

This is right out my bedroom window this morning. Feeders and water nearby. Minimal processing basically limited to minor noise reduction in the background and cloned away OOF piece of moss in the mouth. Wish it was in better focus.

Iso-250, 500 PF, F6 .3 (would have been better at F7 .1), 1000th, D 850, handheld, no flash, somewhat harsh light midmorning, just under full frame
    Name:  BCC-copy.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  590.6 KB

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice shot Moe !
    I like the catchlight and the perch. You've got a good HA and the moss in the beak is a neat touch. Unfortunately the light's harsh and it makes the image a bit too crunchy overall imo. I haven't seen this bird irl, but it seems like some detail's lost in the cheek and the blacks (difficult lighting conditions). There is also some background posterization on my screen but nothing too serious. Hope you get this bird in the same spot at a different time of day!
    Adi

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice to see a songbird with some nesting material espcially a chickadee! The image does look over sharpened. The moss perch and the background are great though.