Thread: 'On the Rocks' - continued...

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default 'On the Rocks' - continued...

Attached Images Attached Images

Continuing Haseeb's theme of 'On the Rocks', here is another frame of one of the three cubs of Krishna's just chilling out. This was shot from standing on the seat of our jeep, looking straight down, around 150ft!!! Not liking heights at the best of times, this for me was going out of 'my' comfort zone. I also liked the way the light played on the overall scene. Here there is no need for eye contact. Eight days later Krishna took a full adult Sambar deer down.

Thanks to those who posted or viewed on the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Tiger cub (Panthera tigris) lying down on the rocks
    Camera: Canon 1DX MKII
    Lens: 200-400f/4 HH
    Exposure: 1/1600s at f/5.6 ISO1600
    Original format: Landscape, FF on width, slight crop from the top
    Processed via: LRCC Classic & PSCC2019

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pretty neat view of the tigers figure. Looks very curvy from the top down. Details look nice. Bet you wished the tiger was facing the other way so the head was in the sun.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bet you wished the tiger was facing the other way so the head was in the sun.
    But think about the Hl's & whites John.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Steve,

Lovely capture of this rather well fed tiger cub and I really like the image design here: the amount of space around the subject gives context and balances the frame very nicely. Nice relaxed look from this youngster. Indeed there's no need for eye contact in this situation but I like that we can see the eyes. Those paws are enormous!

Carl and I had a similar situation at 6 am this morning, having found a lioness lying next to a zebra kill. We were quite high up on the edge of a dam and she was down below sleeping against a rock. I kept thinking what to do about POV if she gets up and starts eating or dragging the carcass, so my "stress" was mounting with every flick of her ear But she never got up, LOL - so no images at all.

Back to your frame, it is well exposed and colours look natural. Well processed and sharp and IQ is great, as expected. You make the best of any opportunity Steve, I have learnt and still learning a lot from you. Thank you so much for sharing, enjoyed viewing, and I hope you have a great week-ahead!

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

It is right was wrote Gabriela..but the shoot's position is no right and the subject is too much pressed to the background.
    Off course you made the best in accordance with the situation !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

An interesting image Steve thought provoking in many many ways............. mainly how to make the most of a given situation. Not my fav frame from you Steve but as always incredibly well done. The eyes do make me smile though,tiger has that after christmas dinner look about her

A clever choice of post Steve !! It really makes one think !!

TFS

stu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is different from the usual tiger images, and I like it...The rocks create a lovely pattern almost like a 'raised' map. Nice light and the Tiger looks so relaxed.

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve -- This is definitely different from usual Tiger images. I very much liked the settings and the light is placed nicely. I liked the colours and the pose and even this higher poverties works perfectly in this scenario. The IQ is very nice and those finer details have come out very nicely. Enjoyed viewing this one.

TFS !