Thread: Peregrin Flying Wet...

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Peregrin Flying Wet...

I took a few frames of this beautiful adult male peregrine while taking bath in a little puddle of water, and then took this shot of him flying wet. Unfortunately the BG is just the sky and not too interesting. But I liked the pose, the direction of the light, and how the wet feathers showed...

Nikon D5, 600/4E, f/4, 1/3200", 280 ISO, on monopod and on a surprisingly sunny morning. Processed in C1Pro and PS CC...

Name:  190711_202_Falcon 1.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  202.8 KB
    Last edited by Kambiz Shoarinejad; 07-12-2019 at 11:56 AM.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice pose with over and under wing detail as well as nice HA. Could go a skosh brighter. TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I always enjoy a wet bird. The light looks nice also like the pose.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A fine capture showing both upper and lower wing surfaces well lit and with good feather detail. He's got that sleeked down John Travolta look.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not a bad shot by any means Kambiz, but did you by any chance have any shots from this sequence that had the wings fully up? That would be a bit stronger. Also, the sharpening here looks a little aggressive

Mike

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm not a huge fan of the wet look, but I can see how it makes the shot unique. Shooting angle is just a bit steep, and that makes it difficult to get either the full upstroke or downstroke perfectly. Details and exposure look spot on though!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice frame grab Kmabiz, unfortunately it has a number of flaws, I am OK with the sky BG, but the steep angle with the head slightly turned away from us really hurts it plus the iffy wing position , and the bird just doesn't look that good when he's wet

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Roach View Post
    Very nice pose with over and under wing detail as well as nice HA. Could go a skosh brighter. TFS
    Thank you David...

Quote Originally Posted by John Mack View Post
    I always enjoy a wet bird. The light looks nice also like the pose.
    Thank you John...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Smith View Post
    A fine capture showing both upper and lower wing surfaces well lit and with good feather detail. He's got that sleeked down John Travolta look.
    Thank you Bob... John Travolta look? Haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poole View Post
    Not a bad shot by any means Kambiz, but did you by any chance have any shots from this sequence that had the wings fully up? That would be a bit stronger. Also, the sharpening here looks a little aggressive

Mike
    Thank you Mike... Unfortunately, the couple other shots I had from this sequence were not much better in regards to the wings position, and not as sharp on the eyes either...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian Anderson View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the wet look, but I can see how it makes the shot unique. Shooting angle is just a bit steep, and that makes it difficult to get either the full upstroke or downstroke perfectly. Details and exposure look spot on though!
    Thank you Dorian. Point well taken on the steep angle. Unfortunately, these birds don't always cooperate with us when choosing their flight paths with respect to our position :)

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    Nice frame grab Kmabiz, unfortunately it has a number of flaws, I am OK with the sky BG, but the steep angle with the head slightly turned away from us really hurts it plus the iffy wing position , and the bird just doesn't look that good when he's wet

TFS
    Thank you Arash... For some reason, I don't quite see the head being turned away, but certainly agreed on the steep angle and the wing position. As for being wet, I certainly agree that they look more beautiful when dry but I just found this image a bit more unique, though not as beautiful.