Thread: Pygmy Marmoset pair

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Pygmy Marmoset pair

Attached Images Attached Images

The Pygmy Marmoset is the smallest monkey in the world with adults weighing a mere 100gm's. These guys are very elusive, constantly moving & jumping quickly through their jungle forest habitat,

I was extremely lucky to manage a few frames of this pair.

Yasuni Nat Park- Ecuador.

Nikon D500
    Nikkor 180-400 f/4 +1.4tc engaged.
    1/500s
    -0.33EV
    f/6.3
    ISO5000*@ 560mm

*my set AUTO ISO ceiling for my D500 is 5000.

Hand held- braced against tree, cropped around 30%, selective NR on BG only, TK adj's curves, levels in ACR & PS CC'19

I fly out tonight for 3 weeks to Sth Luangwa (Zambia), then Moremi (Botswana) chasing Wild Dog so keep your submissions coming and until then.........

Cheers
    Marc

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful sighting Marc, and such cute pose from both, love those puzzled little faces

I guess it is really difficult to capture the species on camera, not only they are busy bodies but they also hide in deep foliage. Regarding IQ, not bad for ISO 5000 on the D500, but you would have achieved more with your D5.

Shooting hand held and braced against a tree must have been quite challenging, nevertheless you must have been so pleased to add one more species to your collection! Hope the trip to Luangwa and Moremi goes well and you bring back some stunners, safe travels Marc!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

3. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Neat looking little monkeys here. I sure you were pretty excited to get some frames of these guys. The pose on the front monkey is nice. Image quality is what it is.

5. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Marc I used to spend time with cotton tails at a zoo as a child,I can't imagine how hard getting an image like this must be in the wild,the dark of a rainforest coupled with them being so twitchy and nervous can't have made your life easy.

I loved seeing this it feels a bit green Marc?? and maybe the IQ isn't the best but man they are gorgeous I'm so glad you shared them

Have the best time on your travels all the luck

stu

7. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Marc -- Thanks for sharing these unusual characters. I have never seen them before. Suddenly there is an inflow of monkey images. I think you have done well considering the situation.

TFS !

9. Thanks Marc Mol thanked for this post