Thread: Male Ruddy Duck

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Male Ruddy Duck

Attached Images Attached Images

Side View of Ruddy duck. Full Frame no crop. Thought of taking some off the bottom. Processed with Dpp 4,Photoshop Neat Image noise reduction to photo. Comments and critiques welcomed.
    Canon 5D Mark1V
    500 f/4 L IS
    700 mm
    AV
    1/3200
    ISO 1600

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Kevin: Nice angle in the frame, shooting angle, smooth water and soft colors. I would leave the crop as is.

Would it be possible to tease out a bit more detail in the cheek patch. The light was obviously soft, so may be all that you can get.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful pose, colors and light. I like the reflection too. I think the image may need a slight CCW rotation. Might darken the eye a bit as well. TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful duck, and a nice clean image design with great light and colours. I agree with rotation and with darkening the eye (iris only). I'd also look at moving the pupil to the centre of the eye if you are comfortable with that type of work.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This beautiful drake is definitely swimming uphill. Did you try the Highlight Slider during the RAW conversion?

Lovely light and perspective.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.