Thread: OnThe Rocks II.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default OnThe Rocks II.

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone, thank you for all your comments and suggestions to my previous post, as always much appreciated.

In continuation to my previous post " on the rocks", here is a closer perspective of that handsome looking Male Tiger in some beautiful light at GhodaDamon in Bandhavgarh.

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2019, WB, curves, selective colour, vibrance, sharpening , straightened it slightly, very slight crops from top and bottom, Sharpening.

Canon 1dX MK II, Canon 500mm f4 IS II, Bean Bag.

ss 1/1600, f/5.6, iso 2500.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions, be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, this for me is the best of the series, albeit you may again have a few more tucked up your sleeve.

Colour looks lovely, with a nice warmth & vibrance to the overall scene. Like the placement of the subject in frame, but it's the awesome, relaxed pose and look to camera that wins it for me. This for me typifies why we need folk to see these magnificent animals in their true habitat and to enjoy the real majesty of such an endangered subject.

Epic

TFS
    Steve

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Haseeb,

You have quite a collection of tigerscapes in your folders, I am very jealous

Love the title here and the image has a certain three-dimensional feel, quite different from what we see every day. Composition works for me and colours are just lovely, I also like the elegant pose and "presence" from the tiger.

A well processed frame Haseeb and I like it as presented, good thinking on techs too. This trip has given you some amazing sightings, looking forward to more!

Thank you so much for sharing,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Haseeb are you well my friend? Haseeb a stunning frame ,it seems I have a lot to catch up on but yet again another wonderful tiger image I really like colours framing and your bold choice of framing in portrait. I feel many might go with a landscape orientation in this situation.,I love this choice you made,the tip of the tail is my only tiny tiny nit. As with Gabriela I do love these tiger scapes you produce.
    wonderful work Haseeb you should be very proud of your self and the effort you put in to finding these amazing frames to show us

TFS

stu

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, I was waiting for this frame for you to post. Thanks for sharing at last! Lovely healthy subject, great colours and composition with the rocks and greens all giving a nice feel of the environs. Super eye contact, just wish the front paws were not obscured by the dry shrub. Well done and appreciate your sharing it. Techs are good and vertical framing is nice!

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Agree with the comments above here, a majestic pose indeed and would be happy to have this in my files Haseeb, well done.

TFS

11. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sweet setting and I love how much info it gives -- from the rocks to the bush to the forrest, you really get a sense of where these animals live. Composition and the stare work well. Might be tempted to clone out the darker leaf on the left of the tiger as viewed, but not a big deal. TFS

13. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice. Like how the tiger is posed on those rocks. The framing works quite well. Colors and sharpness looks good as well.

15. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions , as always much appreciated.

@ Steve : Sadly, there are few places left in the wild to see these magnificent beasts in all its glory and as a result people are queuing up in big numbers to see them and as a result we seldom get to see the tigers in relaxed pose and importantly "only to us" sightings are now thing of past. In this case it was an exception I must say.

@ Gabriela: I think i may well be done with the scapes , one or two frames from this sighting that is all I have now with me. Will be posting more portraits now.

@Doc: I too would have loved to get those front paws in completion but as you know how Tiger luck works, but in this case i am fine with it as the dry grass is more part of this scene rather than acting as a distraction.

@ Alex : What you might be referring to a dark leave on lhs of the Tiger is actually a butterfly.

17. Thanks Alex Becker thanked for this post