Thread: lo-key vetch vines

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default lo-key vetch vines

These vines produce bright pink flowers all summer but I'm always fascinated by the patterns of the shoots and tendrils as they reach out to the sunlight across the dyke.Canon 1DxII, EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6 IS + 1.4x III, ISO 2500, f/9, 1/640, HHName:  lo-key vetch vines.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  338.6 KB

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think you need to simply the scene more. Also there are dust spots in the image which needs to removed.

TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krishna Prasad kotti View Post
    I think you need to simply the scene more. Also there are dust spots in the image which needs to removed.TFS
    Not sure what you mean Krishna--but for me the appeal of the image lies in the entanglement of the fine and coarser details of the vines while at the same time all progressing together in their growth outward and upward in a common direction. I have here in the RP removed the shadowy tendril in upper left corner, although that was a considered inclusion in the OP, and of course I have removed the oversite of the dust spots.Name:  lo-key vetch vines RP.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  339.1 KB

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I prefer the repost Bob, I was going to suggest tightening the frame a little and cleaning up the background. I can see what it is you are trying to illustrate and it's not easy, if the opportunity represents if possible I would try to isolate an area and gently move the background plants in order to give the clearest view of the tendrils.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    I prefer the repost Bob, I was going to suggest tightening the frame a little and cleaning up the background. I can see what it is you are trying to illustrate and it's not easy, if the opportunity represents if possible I would try to isolate an area and gently move the background plants in order to give the clearest view of the tendrils.
    As always Jonathan your insightful input is much appreciated.There's no end of opportunities for images like this --the dyke will be covered with this stuff all summer and indeed I already have dozens and dozens of similar shots. The shoots are now producing profuse pink blossoms and those provided a whole different direction to go. I do occasionally arrange the scene to suit my goals but I'm sufficiently smitten with this image to leave it alone for now. I have some much simpler presentations so will try one of those here in the coming days and see how that is received artistically.