Thread: On the Rocks !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default On the Rocks !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone, thank you for all your comments and suggestions to my previous post and as always much appreciated.

Continuing with my animal scape images and I sincerely hope it is not boring you all , i do have portraits as well but I kind of really starting to like these wide scapes.

So, here is another tiger image from Bandhavgarh, and after a 10 year wait. I finally managed to get a Tiger on this rocky terrain of Bandhavgarh known as GhodaDamon area, a source of spring water in this rocky terrain makes this a Tiger hotspot in summers but somehow I never managed to see a Tiger here before this sighting. And it was our only vehicle and guess what who sighted the Tiger ( it was me ).

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2019 , WB, curves, levels, selective colour, colour balance, shadows , cloned a couple of twigs in the Lhs corner, cropped from top, localised sharpening on the subject.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 24-105mm IS II @ 105mm, HH.

ss 1/2000, f/5.6, iso 3200.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions , be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice sighting. For me the LHS hill is too dominant, but rather than cropping off the left I would cut about a third off the top to make a shorter/wider panorama.

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Haseeb, these Animalscapes are amazing. You did well in the field to spot the tiger and going wide is working well. This one is a very good one though I would have liked a bit more room below and less above. Also agree the RHS can be cropped off a bit. Good sighting and colours look very natural. Cheers! I will have one "on the rocks" tonight!!

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, for me it works as presented, it just needs a bit of CW rotation. Remember you won't get critical sharpness as the FP is way on the extreme outer.

TFS
    Steve

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pretty nice. Really liking this animal scapes. This tigerscape is nice. Like the position of the tiger in the frame and he is on the rocks.

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hasseeb I lkke the colours and tones but the tiger looks a little lost to me - too small in the frame, it's as if it is incidental rather than the focus of attention.

11. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions, as always much appreciated.

@ greg and Doc : I did tried by cropping from lhs and I also have some space at the foot but I like it as cropped because of the greenery/vibrancy on the lhs and dry area/ soft colours on rhs with the tiger nicely perched.

@ Steve: I did remember your suggestion reg the loss of critical sharpness on using fp on outer side but forgot the implementation part on the field , could have easily used center fp and then recomposed it. Already did a a CW rotation but will try a bit more and see.

@ Jon: Really like your opinion as being subjective everyone has there own taste but I liked the vastness of the landscape and small in frame Tiger and inspite of that looks prominent to me.

Thank you once again everyone for your inputs.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

could have easily used center fp and then recomposed it.
    Indeed, albeit I tend not to use it, however 'there is always a lot to think about whilst in the field.'

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

And when there is a tiger in front of you, excitement takes over all the learning’s.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb badar View Post
    And when there is a tiger in front of you, excitement takes over all the learning’s.
    ..... so true , and not only with tigers

Hi Haseeb another lovely scape .... well done . Enjoyed viewing it ... works for me as presented . I do like the three major elements and their placement in the frame .

TFS Andreas

16. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Andreas . And i agree not only with tigers it is rather with most of the animals but for me the Tiger has been my chief brain exciter .

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Haseeb,

Sorry for being a little late here I really like the tiger small in the frame and very happy with the colours overall - nice PP work!

Agree withy Steve on the need for a slight rotation, unfortunately in doing so you will lose a bit at the bottom (where more space was needed, IMO)

Seems we all love your animalscapes, or rather "Haseebscapes" ... so please don't stop posting Really enjoying your work, thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

19. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Gabriela for your kind words of appreciation.

21. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post