Thread: First pics Canon 600 v 3

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default First pics Canon 600 v 3

Attached Images Attached Images

I have bucked the trend of many photogs here on BPN and am sticking with Canon for now (although I do have a PF 500 ordered but there is a 9 month waitlist in Canada). I just got the lens and have only been out with it one day. And it was a mostly foggy day.
    I decided to try it with my 5D MK IV and 1.4 x to truly enjoy the weight savings.
    There is definitely a noticeable difference in the weight and I handheld this combo for over 2 hours with no issues (walked at least 2 miles, crawled on knees and was up and down on my tummy numerous times). I did not even use my Black rapid strap. The lens is much better balanced with most of the weight being shifted closer to the lens mount. No flight shots yet.
    So far, I am enjoying the IQ but I know it will be better with my 1 DX. I hope to get out with that combo today or tomorrow.
    (The AF seemed a bit faster when I took a few images with my 1 DX a few minutes ago for birds at the feeder).
    Here are 2 images with minimal PP. Just some NR to BG, (increased exposure by 2/3 of a stop and increased contrast on plover image) and DE/TC at 20% to TIFF's. I did not sharpen JPEG's.
    So far, so good. Nothing scientific- just very first impressions.
    Gail