Thread: Stalking Tigress

Talat Khalid

Default Stalking Tigress

Attached Images Attached Images

Shot this in Bandhavgarh National Park. It was amazing to see this tigress change from relaxed to absolutely stalking mode just in a sec. Amazing predator.
    Shot with a nikon D200 + nikon 300 mm f4 afs lens

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Stunning wild creature and stunningly sharp with a good exposure. The front half of the frame does not do anything for the image... A big crop from the front would be a good start. A zoom lens would have been nice, but you are to be congratulated for having the peace of mind to make a sharp image when faced with such an amazingly beautiful and powerful animal... I probably would have dropped both my jaw and my lens...

Later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Jasper Doest

Hi there....good to see you posting here. I don''t really understand what Artie means with the front of the image...but if he means the left part....keep it....it adds to the image as it gives the animal space to look into. Personally I am not a big fan of partial wildlife images...but sense of movement grabs my attention here. I like the relatively low angle here...was this photographed from a car?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes, the left part. And yes, we disagree

later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Talat Khalid

thanx guys for ur critique, personally i missed a zoom myself, and yes i was shooting from a open 4x4 (kind of pickup).

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great sharpnes and color saturation of a magnicant animal. I don't mind some space in front of the tiger since his implied direction of movement. I'm not a fan of the crop.. You also captured the image from a low angle wihich is so important in wildlife photography...