Thread: The Stare

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The Stare

I'm Bruce and I joined to learn as much as possible, I mainly shoot Birds in Flight. This image to me looks good because of the attitude and direct eye contact. There were others similar but this one jumped out at me. I did do a little noise cleanup and slight sharpening and cropping, but otherwise its as is.

http://live.staticflickr.com/65535/3...6650f563_b.jpg

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default The Stare

I'm Bruce and I joined to learn as much as possible, I mainly shoot Birds in Flight. This image to me looks good because of the attitude and direct eye contact. There were others similar but this one jumped out at me. I did do a little noise cleanup and slight sharpening and cropping, but otherwise its as is.

Name:  33959889708_da6650f563_b.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  78.4 KB

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome aboard Bruce and I too love that stare. Though not one of the experts, it will help in critiques if you publish equipment and settings. As for the pose, the stare is great and I wish the head was clear of the far wing. It also seems under exposed in general. TFS

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Equipment is Canon 1DMKIV and 100-400V2,Shutter speed 1/1600 at 6.3 and ISO 800

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

For flight i like wings up or fully down. The bird looks sharp. Light looks a little harsh. This would have been better if it was cloudy.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the "stare" as you tiltled it. Near wing looks good, but unfortuantely shaded. For me the biggest issue is the colour of the sky - a bit too dark and "electric" if that makes any sense. Welcome to BPN, and keep them coming...and don't be shy to critique others' works too, it's all part of the fun and experience here.