Thread: Star of Tipeshwar

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Star of Tipeshwar

Attached Images Attached Images

Here is another image of Star in low light as he was climbing up a mound. It never came out fully and went back down, gave more room below for the virtual legs.
    1DX II
    700mm
    1/500
    f/5.6
    ISO 10000

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, not too sure if this is almost identical to the previous posting, but I'll try to keep them separate for feedback.

As you increase your ISO so you begin to loose Dynamic range, but no harm IMHO in doing what you did to get the capture, as obviously light was of a premium. Personally I feel the FG is too much, dominating the scene, irrespective of the 'virtual legs', but again I can understand your thinking. The BKG needs some NR and overall the colours appear muted and flat, when did you last calibrate your monitor? Going fraction warmer in the WB, adding some Orange/Yellow in HSL for the Tiger and green for the BKG again helps but these are Global adjustments, so you have to be mindful. You may find exporting to PS you have one layer which you work on for the BKG/FG, and create composite of that, then do the same within the same 'master file' for the Tiger, you can then add a Layer mask etc and combine the two. As you can refine your works in say curves, saturation, Colour balance etc etc. It's a little long winded and creates a bigger Master file, but breaking into two elements may help.

TFS
    Steve

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Steve for helping out. I had the same thoughts regarding the FG before posting but thought the virtual legs needed space. Your tips in PP are helpful and will add a RP based on that. Will send a Raw file to you and Jon.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev ....well not an ideal setting and situation for you as a photographer .For sure a good sighting ........ but i might have done the same as you did , just take the images .
    I can only echo Steve´s thoughts , just agree with his words .

As a consequence of the light , i might have boosted the ISO to gain more SS .

TFS Andreas