Thread: Osprey Adult And Chick...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Osprey Adult And Chick...

Attached Images Attached Images

I found a new Osprey nest. Still pondering the best time of day. Yesterday I watched for a long time as mom pulled off chunks from the fish feeding them to the chick. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 360mm
    1/4000 F/8 Matrix Metering EV-1/3 ISO 2500 Auto 1 WB, camera supported by a monopod
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
    Cropped slightly for composition and presentation
    Last edited by Joseph Przybyla; 04-25-2019 at 09:04 AM.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This nest looks like it will be very productive for you. You handled the less than optimal light angle real well. It is a clear detailed view (big surprise). Even the chick looks great in the shadows. I would tone down the nest branches a little more. TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well captured Joe...Very nice with a great POV. Perfect HA's on both. Well done. I would get along there at sunset/sunrise if you can

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great look at the birds, and you got good separation between the nest and the background. Shadows are bit distracting, but the image still works as the family mostly overpowers them.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a killer nest! I would be camping there from dawn to dusk! Clean BG, nice looking nest.
    Such a great look at the chick!
    Shadows are a bit unfortunate but not a huge issue for me.
    Once you figure out the sun angle on this nest you will get some killer images,
    Gail

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice to see the nest is pretty eye level. The view of the adult and chick is is very nice. Like the addition of the new nesting material on the left. Background is very nice as well.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A good shot of them both, even with the shadows. I'm curious about the nest location, up high? Those Solanum weeds growing there must have sprouted out of the nest material.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Driscoll View Post
    A good shot of them both, even with the shadows. I'm curious about the nest location, up high? Those Solanum weeds growing there must have sprouted out of the nest material.
    Hi Colin, thank you for viewing and commenting. The nest is located in the middle of a small city on a platform above a utility pole. Photography is from the fifth/top floor of a parking garage. The background are oak trees in the distance.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com