Thread: Sibs in spotlight...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Sibs in spotlight...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R EF 400DO I 2xtc II f11 1/2000 ISO 1600

With parents away, these two were sleeping. Then, the neighborhood started rocking. First the wood stork parent right next door flew in and they thought dad or mom was home. Then the GBH parent above flew in and the big chicks loudly begged. All giving me a chance to get in close with 800mm. Home alone great egret style...
    As always comments suggestions and learnings very welcome.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a couple of handsome fellows. A tough environment with the OOF leaves in the foreground. You could probably crop above them for a neat head portrait.

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Driscoll View Post
    What a couple of handsome fellows. A tough environment with the OOF leaves in the foreground. You could probably crop above them for a neat head portrait.
    Thanks as always for looking and for your welcome comments and suggestions. Actually I don't mind the FG leaves as long as they don't overwhelm the main subjects. In fact the leaves , along with the deep shadows, help a little to frame these beauties and I love showing some of the nest construction.. But that's just one dummies opinion. Even though I am heavy right now in recording the nesting that is part of the birds natural history(albeit a messy part), rest assured I am using every "Birds as art" guideline taught to me by Artie's classic book many years ago. Find the sun angle... Get within twenty degrees of where your shadow points at the subject... Find cleanest angle to reduce chaos (cleaner FG/BG) and move eyes to main subject. Compose so your eyes move through the frame ending where you want them to (usually eyes (must be sharp)but can be something else), use rule of thirds... I post many of the same images on National geographic that I post here... One I posted here and was heavily critiqued was the most loved by the NatGeo photo editor.. Having said all that, I do believe the guidelines and techniques taught by the other artist here will make me a much better photographer and I am ever grateful for the input.
    Peace,
    David

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Like how they are looking in opposite directions. The detail looks very nice. Nice hair dos as well.

6. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post