Thread: Star Male

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Star Male

Attached Images Attached Images

This is the big male tiger names STAR due to the star-like mark on the forehead. It was nearing exit time from the park and light was really low. So tried a high ISO with my 1DX II. The tiger drank some water behind the ridge and came up a few steps and then went back the other way. Hence the missing legs.
    1DX II
    700mm
    1/500
    f/6.3
    ISO 10000

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, if this is Star then I assume this is in Ranthambore?

I might look at going a fraction tighter Sanjeev all round but a 10x16. I would also run some NR, mainly to the BKG. Techs look OK, seems you were struggling for light at ISO10k, so good not to be tethered to ISO. Overall the colours looks a bit flat and lacks a bit more depth, albeit viewing on the laptop, but some simple tweaks, like WB, Sat, HSL starts I feel to bring the capture more to life. I know the scene, but any where Star is climbing over or on top of the mound as the truncated body is a little unfortunate I feel.

TFS
    Steve

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Sanjeev,

Star is a big cutie with extraordinary long whiskers He has the face of a naughty boy, love the expression you captured from him.

Given the poor lighting conditions I think you did well and the frame doesn't look too bad for ISO 10.000. But in terms of processing I think Steve is right, looks a bit flat and needs a bit more "punch", colours lack vibrance.

It is such a pity the tiger was hiding behind the mound, but nothing you could do about it. Somehow I feel the need to have that space at the bottom for the virtual legs, on the other hand not sure including more of the ( stony/ grey) mound would be aesthetically pleasing.

If you're inclined and have the time to RP I would like to see it, please - I realise how special those tigers are and every image is precious Thank you for sharing Sanjeev.

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

f you're inclined and have the time to RP I would like to see it, please - I realise how special those tigers are and every image is precious Thank you for sharing Sanjeev.
    Count me on that to Sanjeev.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- Agree with the above , I think you have done well considering the lighting condition. Would also love to see a RP by implementing the above suggestions. the mound is rather unfortunate here. TFS !

@ Steve: This is tippeshwar a lesser known park in Maharashtra and Telangana Border, quite far away from ranthambore. Named star male because of its peculiar star marking on forehead.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

[/QUOTE]This is tippeshwar a lesser known park in Maharashtra and Telangana Border, quite far away from ranthambore. Named star male because of its peculiar star marking on forehead.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Haseeb, so there are two male Star's, both with the same markings.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks pretty good for the high ISO. The road doesn't do much for me. I know sometimes its this or nothing. The star pattern on the head is nice.