Thread: Joga-Moga Male !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Joga-Moga Male !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone, Thank you for all your comments and suggestions on my previous post , as always much appreciated.

Here is an image of a Cat with a strange name. The locals call him the Joga Moga Male, and I am not sure whether it is named after a forest camp or a village inside the reserve or some deity followed by the tribals. Was very lucky to sight this Tiger as it normally tends to avoid the cars .

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2019 v 20.0.4, WB, curves, selective colour, colour balance, levels, cloned out a tree on the right , cropped from the right , slightly from top, left and bottom, sharpening.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 200-400mm @560 mm, Bean Bag.

ss 1/1250, f/5.6, iso 2500.

All your comments and suggestions be it of any nature are most welcome.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, nice Tiger portrait with good detail. Using the 500mm here, I think may have given you a tad better bokeh, but I would recorp with a little more above and a fraction off the LHS. I would also look to addressing some of the highlights in the BKG, some are a bit distracting.

Hard to tell on the laptop, but the subject appears light, but I'm unsure? If correct, using some curves and HSL you cn get a bit more colour & depth back in, which really helps define the capture. Having a darker backdrop will also create more separation too.

TFS
    Steve

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve — received your RP on mail and it was exactly my thoughts while processing the image but in the end I was bit conservative and slightly backed of on curves. Curves have really helped me in processing the images. 500 would have definitely helped me getting a more pleasant bokeh. I think should post the RP here for everyone one to see and comment .

Thank you for the suggestions.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, the suggested RP is a little crude perhaps, only because I'm using the MacBook Pro whilst away.

it was exactly my thoughts while processing the image but in the end I was bit conservative and slightly backed of on curves.
    It's often worth doing the 'overnight test' prior to posting, as you can view the post with a fresh pair of eye.

Curves adjustments are great and like a lot of tools within PS they are also very powerful, but also using Blend modes, layers & masks will help too, in adding the more 'subtle' refinements. View it as using DPP for 'Global' adjustments and PS for the more 'Finer' aspects of building your image.

All the best
    Steve

6. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Haseeb,

Another beauty of a tiger and I love the eye contact. Besides its beautiful features, what strikes me here is the slightly elongated face - this male looks quite different from other individuals I have seen here on BPN. Pose is great - the subject looks a little intimidating, just like a tiger should - and nice HA.

Techs look good and image is well exposed, plenty of detail. Was thinking it looked a tad flat overall but then I saw Steve's RP So the "overnight test" is a must, my friend. You'll be surprised how you feel about an image when you take a look with fresh eyes the next morning!

I really enjoyed viewing, Haseeb. There's something so powerful and noble about this tiger and he arouses a feeling of awe and respect - very well seen and captured, and thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriela , thank you for your comments .

First of all I must say you have a keen eye for animals and know your cats well, despite not seeing a tiger on field in India ( if I am not wrong ). This Male also appeared to me a bit different than what I have seen, especially in this tadoba landscape. Also I also follow the overnight test ever since I read an exchange on your post a year ago or so.

thank you once again .

Threads
    Thank You Posts

You are right, I do love cats, too much Spent a long time looking at this image and admiring this chap's facial features - that long jaw is a bit unusual, would love to see his profile
    Gabriela Plesea

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, what a lovely capture! Nice portrait and eye contact. The OP was a bit flat due and Steve has shown the right way, though somewhere in-between the two would be ideal. The dark BG has given that 'pop' to the subject. Techs look good! TFS.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Here is a RP based on your suggestions, WDYT ?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is lovely Haseeb, I like it very much

Have a super week-end,

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

13. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post