Thread: Tiger again

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tiger again

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi All,
    Here is another frame of the tiger I posted earlier, a young one but big one!! And he/she did notice me firing away with the 1DX II & 500mm with 1.4X TC III. This like the earlier one is almost full frame. The fur was wet again. The tiger sniffed at the rock and then looked up. This has a bit more room below and less above reducing the impact of the OOF tree in the BG. Like Haseeb, my luck too seems to be getting better with tigers.
    1/2000
    f/7.1
    ISO 1600

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This could easily have been a wonderful stalking pose here Sanjeev, kinda spoiled my illusion that he was just sniffing around, good low POV, couldn't do much about that OOF tree I guess. Nicely seen all the same.

TFS

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Sanjeev, nice to hear your luck has changed and you are getting the sighting, hopefully you can share some luck with Haseeb too.

As Marc said, nice to think this was a 'stalking pose', but nice to know he wasn't stalking you. Techs look great, but I think (with hindsight) removing the 1.4 and let him walk into frame, or just crop a fraction would have offered a slightly better framing option and the IQ would be a fraction better too. Based on the OP perhaps another option is going slightly tighter on the RHS (because of the pose/lean of the tiger), WDYT? Personally and because its easy, I would remove the tree in the BKG, but all subject to your ethics.

Sanjeev, if you re using DPP for Raw conversion are you using 'Fine detail', I'm just trying to think about improving the IQ, albeit I really don't know a huge amount compared to Andreas or Jon who are lightyears ahead.

TFS
    Steve

4. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- This is much better in terms of the pose and details but still some scope for improvement. I liked Steve's RP especially the framing part and removal of the tree in the BKG, it does help. But RP appears slightly flat so something between OP and RP in terms of depth and tones as well as sharpening.

Nice one indeed.

TFS !

6. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

But RP appears slightly flat
    Don't worry guys, when I import an image into LR I have set it to run a 'script' so disregard any colour change. Thanks Haseeb.