Thread: A Young Tigress !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A Young Tigress !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone, thank you for all your comments and suggestions on my previous post , as always much appreciated.

This season had been pretty tough on me when it came to Tiger sightings. I had quite a few sightings but none so good when it comes to photography opportunities. Lately things seems to be changing but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Here is an image of a young Tigress trying to make her mark in the high density tiger landscape of tadoba. She is still doing good and it feels great when Tigers find a hold into the adulthood in these trying times for them.

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2019 v20.0.4 , WB, curves, selective colours, vibrance, cropped slightly from top and bottom, removed a few tyre tracks, sharpening.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 500mm f4 L IS II, Bean Bag.

ss 1/1600, f/5.6, iso 3200.

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions be it of any nature.

Haseeb.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, super image and I'm glad you got the shot with the eyes open, as often they are partially closed as they walk. I do like the overall composition, but I would have perhaps gone f7.1 to 8, as you will easily find as the Tiger gets closer you will run out of DoF. Appears you also have the tracking right too. Colours look good but am away so... Being 'picky' I might just remove those to streaks, (grass probably) so you have continuity of the beautiful bokeh backdrop and the white spot on the front right leg as viewed. Would be happy to have got this, well done.

TFS
    Steve

3. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

A beauty, Haseeb

Love the framing and POV, wonderful walking pose, those eyes are superb. Good IQ, well exposed and nicely processed too, sharpness is there in good measure. BG is stunning.

You must be really happy with this frame - congratulations! Should you have more from this sighting I would really like to see, any frames with a bit of eye contact?

PS. I think the white spot is a droplet of saliva or water from the subject's mouth

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

5. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, a fine shot of this young tigress. Looks like our luck is changing for the better Good composition, colours and sweet BG. I like the walking pose, the stare and open mouth. I think the open aperture also allowed to minimise the track as its not that distracting. Good PP work. Nice one. Looking forward to more.

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cracking shot Haseeb, the raised paw has interest, granted road and all, nicely seen and to think Tiger numbers in India are finally on the rise.

TFS

9. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Gabriela , Steve , Doc and Marc , your comments and suggestions are much appreciated:

@ Steve: that white spot is saliva dripping from its mouth hence I didn't touch it. Dof was on the brink but worked here nicely.

@ Marc: The numbers are there but protection is not upto the mark. Moreover, development activities are killing the forests and in turn the Tigers and its prey base is in grave danger.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really impressive, I like the colours and fine fur details, the paw position is pleasing too. Looks like you have the sharpening spot on.