Thread: Wading Around

Stuart Dahne

Default Wading Around

Attached Images Attached Images

In my attempt to shoot at ground/swamp level, I already understood that my conditions were not perfect. This was shot at 5:30 in the evening as the sun was setting. I was afraid of the 800 ISO.
    All critiques are valued!
    Thanks.

Camera Canon EOS-1D Mark III
    Lens 100-400 f/4.5-5.6
    Exposure Time 0.0006s (1/1600)
    Aperture f/8.0
    ISO 800
    Focal Length 560mm (728mm in 35mm)
    Flash flash did not fire
    Exposure Program aperture priority
    Exposure Bias 0 EV
    Exposure Mode auto
    White Balance auto
    Color Space sRGB

Axel Hildebrandt

Nice wading pose and water colors. I would put him a bit further to the right in the frame, apply some CW rotation and crop a bit off the bottom.

Jody Melanson

And to add onto what Axel said, I would tone down the whites a bit. Nice!

Gary "Jake" Jacobson

Hey Stuart,
    I always look at the image first...determine my critique and then see what others have written about the image. The previous comments were what I was going to touch on...move the subject closer to the right of the image...it feels too centered for me. Keep in mind the rule of thirds when composing the shot...I know it is kind of difficult when your subject is moving. I like the movement captured by the little splash of the leg. I would also agree that taking down the whites a bit would help this image. Best of luck my friend. I tried to do some water reflection bird images here last week and it really doesn't work when the water is frozen! :)