Thread: Bundles of chaos....

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bundles of chaos....

Attached Images Attached Images

On the last morning at Tswalu we decided to take one last look at the Wild dog den just to see if there was any action. On arrival and scouting around the area all we found were a few WD's hunkering in the bushes trying to keep warm and out of the cool winds. Keeping on the outskirts of the boundary line to the den we parked up in the hope that perhaps one nose may just venture out... Time went by and it was getting closer to when we had to make tracks back to the strip and the suddenly, like an erupting volcano, thirteen WD pups exploded our of the entrance and mayhem set in, with pups running in all directions, knowing where to frame, let alone focus became a role of the dice.

Then within minutes they all disappeared back into the safety of the den. I learn that day that the pack had then decided to move location which wasn't unexpected as we had been there when the adults were coxing the pups to stray further from their den.

Thanks to those who posted or viewed on the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Wild dog pups (Lycaon pictus) playing
    Camera: Canon EOS1DX MKII
    Lens: 500f/4 MKII HH
    Exposure: 1/1600s at f/9 ISO2500 (a tad more SS would not have hurt)
    Original format: Landscape, very slight crop from the top
    Processed via: LRCC Classic & PSCC2019

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

More like " bundles of loveliness"... They are adorable, Steve! Wonderful capture in lovely light and the mood is one of joy and exuberance. I bet the mother - or minder - had her paws full, those chaps are so full of mischief

Not easy to focus on one individual when you've got other twelve milling around but you nailed this one! Great detail and sharpness on the main protagonist and I love the running pose and glint in the eye.

Colours are spot on. You managed to isolate this little chap from the rest, DoF a good choice, I am sure you would have liked a SS of 1/2500s but in this case 1/1600s has not hurt the image at all.

Well exposed and PP work is superb, the darker FG helps create a more 3D feel. Oh it just works, I am loving this, many thanks for sharing with us I am sure everyone will love it!!!

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You have managed to bring the front cub to the fore demanding attention, there is a lot going on in the background but it has been made to appear complimentary as opposed to interfering, The fine details a in all the tones are superb. I really like it.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well looks like quite the experience. The details on the front dog look pretty nice.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a lovely scene. I loved the light as well and appreciate the fact that you managed to single out a pup though not in complete isolation but still nice and clear. Excellent details and considering the techs it looks like you were ready for some quick action.

TFS !