Thread: Lion Cubs !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Lion Cubs !

Attached Images Attached Images

Hello everyone.

I had been missing from the forum for a while now as I was travelling to some Beautiful forests in India , though no great luck with Tiger sightings but the experience was there to cherish for a lifetime.

Thought to quickly sneak in with a theme image made in Botswana. The angle is a bit steep but i loved the eye contact and the pose of the little one. There was nothing I could have done for a lower POV due to the proximity of the cubs and the location at that point of time.

DPP 4.8, PSCC 2019 v 20.0.4, WB, curves, cropped slightly from top and bottom, selective colours, sharpening.

Canon 1DX MK II, Canon 200-400 f4 @ 200mm, HH.

ss 1/1250, iso 2000, f/5.6

Looking forward for all your comments and suggestions , be it of any nature.

Haseeb.
    Last edited by haseeb badar; 03-31-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Haseeb, nice to have you back posting.

Lovely encounter and agree, the eyes are adorable. Techs look OK, but here I feel you needed to be further back and let them come into frame. This would have also offered a better POV as it would have been lower.

TFS
    Steve

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Too cute, Haseeb! Love the inquisitiveness from those little ones. And that bit of light on their faces. Lovely encounter well captured!

I am quite happy with the framing but I feel the HL on the second cub are a bit strong. Also, if this were mine I would take care of some those sunlit, golden grasses - they are a tad distracting. And reduce the yellows on the OOF cub, just a tad.

Very sweet scene and I cannot take my eyes off those cubs! Sadly, I have not seen any on my last trip, Haseeb. Was rewarded with a number of wild cat sightings but these images came with some challenges, like...lots of branches!

Thank you so much for sharing, I truly enjoyed viewing

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the processing and colours, the yes are really beautiful, I think you did a really good job.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you Gabriela, Steve and Jon. as always your comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

@ Gabriela -- i though for the sunlit grass and didn't find it very distracting and hence left it as it is but now I feel the ones behind the main cub catches my eye a bit. Also I could have reduced the yellows on the cub in bg but eventually felt that colour was somewhat similar as i recall that sighting.

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a fine image Haseeb, by all means. And I was nitpicking here a bit, sorry BTW I am just as obsessed with this stuff in my own images.

Kindly allow me to be more specific, I was only referring to the tiny grasses on the LLC, and the two longish ones on the URC that come close to the second cub's face. And I would "soften" them, not take them away. I do like the other golden grasses any the top, they frame the cubs well.

Regarding OOF cub, I realise the light was such that it made him look golden. But if I were to process this as my own I would try make him less prominent so that the main subject grabs the eye to a greater extent. As he is he draws my eye a bit too much, if you know what I mean.

Whew, I want to grab those two and put them in my pocket Once again, thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

7. Thanks haseeb badar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gabriela — no need to be sorry. I actually like to get the opinions of others and then weigh against my own perceptions or thoughts regarding that particular image. And your point reg the cub in the bkg is perfectly taken.

I really appreciate all your comments and suggestions. Keep them coming .

Haseeb.