Thread: Menacing Look!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Menacing Look!

Attached Images Attached Images

A leopard gives a cold menacing stare at Timbavati game reserve in SA. From my past trips. My old iMac 27 died after 8 years of service, so had to buy a new one. Hence my absence from the forum.
    7D
    500 II
    1/800
    f/7.1
    ISO 400

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful image I like the sharp detail and the colours, the separation from the background is good. Some blacks look dense but I suspect that is how they were, maybe a little dodging round the nostrils and septum would be beneficial. Just love the eye in the sun I can see detail in the iris - well done. (Yes detail in the other iris too!!)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Jon, appreciate your kind words. I have the new PS CC 2019 and I was struggling with sharpening a bit (I was afraid I was overdoing it) and thought it was slightly crunchy. Maybe its the contrast. But I find the sharpening I need now is much less than the older PS CS5 that I was used to. Or its the new 4K monitor. Anyway I am glad you find it good.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great portrait, great detail. My only critique would be the title - I think he looks pretty chill. These big cats don't see us in our safari vehicles as a threat, only a nuisance!

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, sorry to hear the news about your Mac, but it does happen, however on a brighter note, the architecture will have improved and so you are less likely to be forced into upgrading your hardware because of Software updates. just remember to check you Colour settings in PS under Edit and all output boxes etc, any questions drop me a line as I'm back.

The leopard does look chilled and in some nice light too. Obviously with the upgrade in your kit the IQ would be considerably better, but still a nice capture. I think as an alternative you could look at a tighter option say 10x8?

TFS
    Steve

7. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Its so sharp and the detail is to die for ! The good separation from the background takes care of what would have been a busy distracting background. Beautiful image of a beautiful animal

9. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice and sharp with fine detail. The leopard doesn't look very happy.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- great to have you posting again . Nice stare and colours. I agree with what Steve has to say, with your new kit the IQ could have been far better . nicely done.

TFS !