Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default “Being eaten to EXTINCTION” – Yellow-breasted Bunting

Attached Images Attached Images

“Being eaten to EXTINCTION” – Yellow-breasted Bunting

IUCN Red List Status— Endangered

http://www.worldmigratorybirdday.org...easted-bunting
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ina-study-says

I wish my daughter will keep seeing this wonderful Sp. so not sharing its location publicly as there is every chance of illegal trafficking of these birds.

Nikon D500, 500F4 G ED VR, 1.4XTCIII; Exposure Time - 1/250 seconds, F – 7.1, ISO - 800

I appreciate all the critiques.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR VIEWING & INPUTS.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice view of this bunting with a great background. Really like the colors on this bird. Nice and sharp.

3. Thanks Somdeb Biswas thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

• European population declining by 80% in 10 years, 25% in 3 years and these birds are so prized that at one market in Sanshui, China at least 10,000 birds are sold each day. That's alarming... Thank you for sharing this info and lovely image. Very natural perch, with web material, soft clean BG, and HA. I would suggest toning down the saturated yellows as there are some areas that are blown, front top chest and under the throat. Maybe you can recover . Is this your first time seeing this bird?

5. Thanks Somdeb Biswas thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a really nice Somdeb. Beautiful details and natural perch. Sharpness is outstanding. Yellows could use a slight knockdown, but not much. It's pretty close to perfect right now.

7. Thanks Somdeb Biswas thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Everything looks marvelous to me. Maybe humans will come to their senses before it is too late ...

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

9. Thanks Somdeb Biswas thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great bird, great perch and great background. Perfect pose and you have an interesting perch which for me is vital on songbird shots. The tops of the two little sticks behind the birds rear foot and the 2 left most perches are all over exposed. I would burn those at a low opacity or use Camera Raw filter, choose the brush and paint over those areas to see if you can recover some details. Be extra careful about the transition zone between the edge of the perch and the background as you do not want there to be any visible lines there.

11. Thanks Somdeb Biswas thanked for this post
    Forum Participant Somdeb Biswas's Avatar
    Shivmandir - Kadamtala, Siliguri, West Bengal, India
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks a ton for your inputs. Your inputs would really help Processing and presenting my next shot.
    I would specially thank Arthur Morris Sir for his book and continuous inputs, Issac Grant Sir and Jonathan Aston Sir for the continuous inputs including the one on my previous post regarding converting to jpeg for web presentation retaining sharpness.
    Its fun to learn.
    Thanks again.
    with warm regards,
    Somdeb