Thread: Hey Bro ....listen to me

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Hey Bro ....listen to me

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi folks ....have not posted a Grey Seal for a while .
    So here you go and for me a very special one , due to the story behind these two .
    I already started to talk about them last year .... at the same time , hoping i would get an official approval of what i think they are .... Twins !!!!!!
    Sadly till today , i have nothing in my hands to tell you .
    Going back to Dec 2017 ... i found these two pups staying with one female for about one week , both got feed and looked after by the female , but after a week i had to leave Helgoland ,so i tried to find out via phone what happened to them and if i can get an official statement that they are twins. Some officials took samples and told me they will find out ....
    For whatever reason one day mom did not return .... and they have been transported to a seal sanctuary where they have been raised further ....i talked to those people , about the genetic approval . No answer till today .... sadly . I tried numerous times till June 2018 ... no real answer , so i gave up .

At least the people at the rescue station ( Friederichskoog Germany ) .... gave them names ( very important ) and told me their names .

So here they are ....my personal Grey Seal Twins .... a real rarity !!!! Tom & Jerry .

Hope you guys are having a bit of fun ....with this story behind the image .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
    EF 500 IS L II
    HH

F 6,3 ; Iso 8000 ; 1/1600 sec ; man exp and Auto Iso

Processed with DPP and PSCC 2019

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Andreas, lovely interaction with the pups and the sandy beach makes for a pleasant change of habitat.

Cracking detail in the fur for ISO8000, it is a game changer irrespective of light. The soft, pastel colour palette worked in your favour creating a sweet image. I just wonder about a hint darker in the FG to add a layering depth?

Nice work.

TFS
    Steve

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Boetie Andreas

Lovely interaction from Tom and Jerry, this image is looking really good for quite high ISO. Or maybe it's your special PP skills Nice POV and framing is great, lovely detail in that grey... almost white... fur.
    Very sweet scene and once again I must refer to your understanding - and love - for the species, your "sensitivity" shows This is not only a lovely behavioural frame but also a good example of your work in the field - very well done!

Thank you for caring and making enquiries about those little ones. I enjoyed viewing but with a bittersweet aftertaste, sad to hear you had no feedback whatsoever and I thought once they gave them names... they would actually care for them?

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

An interesting background story indeed Andreas, and have often wondered with similar sightings just how often twins are born to (seemingly) single only births over my 4 decades of observing/photographing wildlife.

Agree with Steve that you've extracted some fine detail/contrast/colour with this pairing, a cute moment indeed.

TFS

Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is so sweet, and I really like the facial expressions you captured. Lovely detail and colours on the pups. Great POV. I like the light passing through the fur on the back of the pup. Nice one Andreas.

Will

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The one of the left looks to be yelling at the right one. Details look very good for that high ISO.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Andreas I'd say 10/10, I like the narrative and an exceptional image well done. Optimal DOF colours tone and detail to spare it has it all.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks folks to all of you for your kind comments and feedback . Always appreciated !!!!

Steve - not a real fan of artificial layering , if it is there i would emphasise it , but not adding it .

Cheers Andreas