Thread: My Two Favorites from the Land-based Falklands IPT

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default My Two Favorites from the Land-based Falklands IPT

Attached Images Attached Images

Image #1: Black-browed Albatross yawning in golden light

This image was created on January 6, 2019 at Rookery Cabin on Saunders Island. I used the hand Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR lens (at 260mm) and my souped up Nikon D850. ISO 500. Matrix metering at zero: 1/1600 sec. at f/8. NATURAL AUTO WB at about 7pm on a clear day.

Nikon Focus Peaking fine-tune value: +5. See the Nikon AF Fine-tune e-Guide here.

Center Group (grp) AF point/Continuous (C in Nikon/AI Servo with Canon) AF was active at the moment of exposure. The array was centered on the spot where the upper and lower mandible met. I added a sliver of canvas after leveling this image with the Ruler Tool as detailed in Digital Basics II.

Learn more about the creation of this image and our amazing three week trip in the blog post here.

I could not decide which of these two images I liked best so I decided to post them both and let y'all decide which one is better and why.

with love, artie

Last edited by Arthur Morris; 01-13-2019 at 09:56 AM.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.