Thread: Early Morning in the Kruger Park

Threaded View

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Early Morning in the Kruger Park

Attached Images Attached Images

Kruger Park, October 2018. My companion and I were driving along a winding road through the mopani trees at dusk when we discovered a lovely spot and decided to stop and have a cup of coffee. There were few other cars on the road and only an occasional set of lights moving in the opposite direction, away from the night. We drank our coffee in silence and watched the sun come up, so brightly that the textures of the bark and individual stalks of grass could be made out in the golden light. We were about to depart when we saw the elephant herd, they were rushing to a nearby waterhole so the encounter was brief albeit very rewarding. Here is just one frame, not sure you'll like the composition and you might find the shadow over one ellie quite overwhelming, nevertheless I hope you'll understand it was the light that grabbed me.

Nikon D5
    Nikon 500F4
    ISO1250
    F8
    1/2000s

Hope you all have a wonderful week-end, more hyena interaction in the pipeline but I thought I'll show you something different tonight. Processed in LR and PSCC... and a heavy crop (as usual)
    Last edited by Gabriela Plesea; 01-11-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    Gabriela Plesea