Thread: Tiger - centerfold

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tiger - centerfold

Attached Images Attached Images

Scouting around we had spotted Krishna and the three cubs through the bino's about a mile away on the other side of the gorge, she was lying down, but the sub adults were playing in the talk grass so we decided to drive around knowing that at some point the cubs would come down to drink.

Heading back after an hour we were in luck, two of the cubs were making their way down, but there was no way we would have access to the location other than looking - straight down, (around 150-175ft)!!! So the only opportunity was to park very close to the edge and stand on the seat, then look down and for someone who doesn't like heights, it was a bit off putting. The stone backdropped I feel separated the subject well and offered a alternative BKG

Thanks to those who posted or viewed on the last posting.

Steve

Subject: Tiger (Panthera tigris) lying down
    Camera: Canon 1DX MKII
    Lens: 200-400f/4 HH
    Exposure: 1/1600s at f/5.6 ISO2000
    Original format: Landscape, almost FF on width, slight crop at foot/top
    Processed via: LRCC Classic & PSCC2019

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dear Steve,

You were extremely lucky to have such lovely sightings The eye contact and expression from the tigress make this image for me. And you are perfectly right, that stone backdrop with its soft colours works beautifully here, helps the subject stands out so well.

Image well exposed, composition is perfect and colours really nice. Love that look she gave you, did you at any point consider that she might jump up and come greet you?

Warmest regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love that look she gave you, did you at any point consider that she might jump up and come greet you?
    She/He would have to be an expert climber as it was almost a vertical drop Gabriela. With hindsight I wished I had also shot with the 24-70 f/2.8 and have a much 'wider' POV to give scale.

Thanks Steve

4. Thanks Gabriela Plesea thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve ... a lovely relaxed looking lady .
    I do specially like the look up by her !!!
    You did well under the given circumstances and made the most out of it , i just might go for a bit more pano from the aesthetic POV .
    Colors do look very nice and the tones are fitting well to that scene , that i think was reality .

Happy New Year Steve .... and TFS Andreas

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the tiger on the rocks shooting angle is what it is. Details look quite good.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks very good to me Steve, I think the colours look optimal. Contrast looks pretty well controlled! She seems to be pretty relaxed and content with life.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve -- This is a very nice Tiger image as the rocks provide a nice backdrop and feel to the settings . The look towards you is the main thing otherwise the image would have lacked something. Very nice colours and tones . Overall a well framed and processed image . Nicely done .

TFS !

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Steve, sorry have been out of action of late. Glad to see your tiger images from Ranthambhor. Agree with others that the stony BG is 'different' and good in a way. I like the head turn towards you and the framing is nice. TFS.