Canon 7D II + 180/3.5
    f/8, 1/15, ISO 800
    Canon DPP4, PSCC, Nik Tonal contrast
    Square crop

Appreciate comments and suggestions

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Ravi, your image is well focused and the primary subject i.e. bumble bee is perfectly dominant. There are however, from my perspective a few issues with the image. Firstly the colours are very bold and the contrast is also high, as a consequence they are choked. There is also a blue cast in the image, (take a critical look at the blacks and the green background .....and were the petals perhaps more pink in colour?) I think the colour temperature is a little on the low side. The crop is also very tight - perhaps the rest of the background was messy, but I think a little more space around the flower would have been beneficial.
    The other point is that the image size is a little bit small, you are permitted to post images up to 1920 pixels max width and or 1250 pixels max height, (if it helps I make all my images 1200 pixels max height so the crop shape does not matter - this way most people will be able to fit the image on their monitor/screen).
    I don't know at what stage you are regarding image processing but if you require any assistance PM me and I will do what I can to help - as I am sure would anyone else in the forum. Keep the images coming!

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Jonathan,
    Thanks for your suggestions. The crop of the first image is from a vertical image with a lot of petals on the top, so I cropped it square. There wasn't much room on either side of the flower. I think the high contrast is due to low color temperature. I also took a horizontal image that was slightly less sharp compared to the above. I am posting that horizontal image here. Increased color temp and added 85A warming filter in PS, Nik detail extractor and noise reduction.
    My postprocessing skills are very basic. Thanks for the offer to help me. I will contact you for some suggestions. Here is the horizontal image of the same subject.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ravi - much better. If possible I would try to get a little space around the top of the flower. colours better......perhaps greens a little strong??

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Repost is good.

Like the colors in the repost. You can try to reduce the greens a little

Droplets on Bumble Bee look nice.

TFS