Thread: Snowy Egret Blur...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Snowy Egret Blur...

Attached Images Attached Images

When Artie and I were at Circle B Bar Reserve in early December he was showing me how to capture blurs in the early morning light. This is one of the images I captured. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
    Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED image captured at 280mm
    1/30 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV 0 ISO 180 HH
    Post processed in Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop CC 2019 and Neat Image for noise reduction
    Cropped for composition and presentation
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

You needed some head sharpness for this to work for me, but nice effort, keep it up.
    Dan Kearl

3. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like this one a lot. I love the feet and the degree of blurring of the wings. The bill and lores are sharp enough to avoid any confusion. You can get a pretty sharp head and eye about once in a thousand, that when you match the speed of the moving bird with your panning rate.

What mode were you in?

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

5. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Hey Joe, this would qualify for a new name: "The White Ghost!" Good for you to keep working the blurs. I like the swish movement in the wings and the yellow feet!

7. Thanks Joseph Przybyla thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    What mode were you in?

with love, artie
    Hi Artie, I was in Shutter Priority Mode. Thank you for viewing and commenting.
    Joe Przybyla

"Sometimes I do get to places just as God is ready to have somebody click the shutter"... Ansel Adams

www.amazinglight.smugmug.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Przybyla View Post
    Hi Artie, I was in Shutter Priority Mode. Thank you for viewing and commenting.
    Thanks Joe. And YAW. Good students listen :)

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Lovely capture Joe. I agree with the previous comments that it would the stronger with a sharp, or sharper, head. The contrast with the white against the green is beautiful though. It would be better is the bright green strip in the middle wasn't there I think. Otherwise the BG is the real strenght of the frame for me together with the wing blur and the yellow feet.