Thread: Barred-Cuckoo Dove

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Barred-Cuckoo Dove

This is a very difficult to approach lowland forest bird from the north east part of India.

Last June I got this opportunity from a car window for a split second.

Name:  Barred Cuckoo-dove (Macropygia unchall).jpg
Views: 100
Size:  400.7 KB

Shot with Nikon D500 + 500mm f/4 lens
    ISO : 500
    Aperture : F/4
    Shutter : 1/250
    Hand-held

Hope you like it..

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Kamal, First off, welcome to BPN and thanks a stack for your membership support. It is great that you had a decent chance with a very difficult species to photograph. I am fairly sure that this is a new species for BPN :) The image is sharp and the EXP and HA are very good. The o-o-f leaves in front of the subject are distracting as is the light green BKGR bottom right; you got a bit unlucky there and not much that you could do about either. With the light a bit from our left part of the face is in shade; you might try opening that up just a bit.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

3. Thanks Kamal Hari Menon thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice and sharp. Beautiful bird. I really like the background although maybe you can tone down the bottom right a bit. Agree with Artie re the perch being a bit too cluttered. Really looking forward to more.

5. Thanks Kamal Hari Menon thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Welcome Kamal, I am a fan of doves and like this species very much. Incredibly beautiful colors and a matching iris! Sharp and wonderful head turn. I find the bird too cramped in the frame with such dominant leaves. Also, there is some artifacts or shading under the branch to the right... Welcome to BPN and I look forward to more of your work.

7. Thanks Kamal Hari Menon thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very neat looking bird. I always enjoy the international birds posted on here. Really looking forward to more. Pose is nice i don't mind the perch. Background is excellent.

9. Thanks Kamal Hari Menon thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I would darken the leaves in front and the BG in general, the bird looks great...
    Dan Kearl

11. Thanks Kamal Hari Menon thanked for this post