Thread: Birds do it... Bees do it...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Birds do it... Bees do it...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R EF400DOI 1.4xtc f8 1/3200 ISO 2000
    Watched a few just beginning nests from before dawn and no action. At the end of the good light, this guy started flying in on furthest nest away from boardwalks.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Same textureless grays especially on the neck. No clue why from me. Love the lores on the female! Now if the male's wings had been fully raised...
    a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

3. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes Artie, I'm not sure either. I can tell you it's not focus or exposure(ie not over exposed) or noise processing (none applied, not even in DPP - dragged sliders to 0 for luminance and chrominance). Don't think it's EOS R as the foot right below the neck is very detailed. At 1/3000 unlikely it's motion blur. I do know those neck feathers are very fine (with little definition unless fluffed) and to Arash's earlier point, this old glass doesn't resolve as well as the new. I'm open for all comments and suggestions.
    ps
    I do have the wing all the way up but her eye is covered. With the new CR3 format, only 5 fps, newer digic 8 and a very fast card it seemed like I could not fill buffer.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks like you are having some fun with these great blues. Nice behavioral frame here. The surrounding vegetation is nice.

6. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Roach View Post
    Yes Artie, I'm not sure either. I can tell you it's not focus or exposure(ie not over exposed) or noise processing (none applied, not even in DPP - dragged sliders to 0 for luminance and chrominance). Don't think it's EOS R as the foot right below the neck is very detailed. At 1/3000 unlikely it's motion blur. I do know those neck feathers are very fine (with little definition unless fluffed) and to Arash's earlier point, this old glass doesn't resolve as well as the new. I'm open for all comments and suggestions.
    ps
    I do have the wing all the way up but her eye is covered. With the new CR3 format, only 5 fps, newer digic 8 and a very fast card it seemed like I could not fill buffer.
    As I have been saying, I have no clue :)

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

8. Thanks David Roach thanked for this post