Thread: Tiger @ Ranthambhor

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Tiger @ Ranthambhor

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi all,
    Here is an image from my last years trip to Ranthambhor, Rajasthan. Cloned out a couple of branches in from of the tiger but otherwise a very minor crop for composition.
    5D III
    500 II
    1/3200
    f/8
    ISO 1600 (could have dropped to ISO 800) but the tiger emerged from the forest where it was darker.

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

A beautiful image, I am dreaming of getting something like this next year. I think the colours are beautiful.
    I think the image could do with a little more contrast and perhaps toning down the foreground. I hope you don't mind but here is a modification to illustrate what I mean. I mad a couple of very simple adjustments, i.e. Levels and adjusted Gamma to 0.95 and I made a transparent Burn Layer to Soft Light Blend Mode and set it to about 12% and brushed the foreground.

3. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice color and detail on this tiger. If you had a bit more below that would be good for the hidden feet.

5. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, love the expression, colours, details, IQ. Wonder you had time to shoot at lower aperture to throw BG a bit more out of focus. Leaves and grass colors nicely complement tiger. Love it.

7. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Sanjeev,

What beautiful tiger! I like the way he enters the scene and that dense colourful vegetation surrounding him. Nice head angle, superb expression. He looks so healthy and fit, judging by the pink nose I take it he is very young:)

Indeed it would have been good if you were able to include its lower limbs. But in this particular case their absence is not that bothersome, IMO. Subject is well framed by vegetation and thus the limbs are not "cut off", so to speak.

Jon's RP adds more definition to the tiger and I agree FG looks better. Nice capture Sanjeev, good techs too, lovely colours, would like to see "more from Ranthambor" if you have

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

9. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

What a spectacular creature. And photograph. On my monitor, I like the brightness of the original post. I love how the orange of the leaves picks up the tigers colors.

a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

11. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Doc -- VEry nice details and colours. A beauty of a Tiger and like your PP as well. fine with the framing as presented . Very nicely done.

TFS !

13. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks everyone for your kind words and suggestions. Thank you Jon for the RP. It does enhance things a bit.
    Gabriela, will surely dig for more from that trip.
    Artie, appreciate your feedback. And thanks Haseeb and Greg.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This works well with the tiger in the busy environment. The colors through out the whole image are very nice. Composition works well for me.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sanjeev, I've only just back a few hours ago, having left Ranthambore, so this is a very fitting images to come back to.

Now that is a cool image and the OP is very reflect full of the time & colours. These majestic of all big cats are very elusive and often you are chasing 'ghosts' and so, as you said, a Tiger emerges and then just disappears into the habitat just like that. Agree on your own critique about ISO, but hey it hasn't affected the image in any way. Lets see more...

BTW the dust is just out of proportion and we found ourselves shooting through a vale of dust at times as vehicles sped by to gain access, but on reflection Winter is the best for light.

TFS
    Steve

17. Thanks Sanjeev Aurangabadkar thanked for this post