Thread: Just shake it off...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Just shake it off...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R EF400DO I 1.4xtcII 2.0xtcII f14 1/200 ISO 6400 (large crop)
    I walked around a bend and this juvenile had just completed a round of preening and was giving me a look like "Now, what do I do with this stuff on my nose". I was still fairly far away but at 1120mm I raised the glass. AF was right on the cheek (behind eye). I did get a couple more that filled the frame better, but none with a look(and HA) as good as this.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Can you let me know how you added 1.4 TC and 2x TC together ?

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Love the light, the BG and the feather! perfect HA. I see a slight red cast but it is natural. The image is held back by its IQ IMO, it lacks contrast and the details aren't crisp, too much sharpening has readily brought out noise on the bill and the wing feathers... tough conditions to come up with a keeper, high ISO and stacked TC's....

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sure, Krishna, remember both are version 2 teleconverters. The 1.4 has to be first to the camera body, then the 2.0, then the lens. They will not connect the other way around. The camera body only sees the tc closest to the lens, in this case the 2.0. I did read you can also attach version 3 together with aid of a 12mm extension tube between them. If you google canon TC stacked, you should find a very good article on most variations of TC stacking. I didn't bookmark it, but if you have problems finding it let me know and I will try to find the link. I only have experience with this combo and can assure you this works as I describe with the canon version 2 TCs.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

HI Arash, sharpness 2 in DPP and unsharp mask 110,.3,0 right before conversion to jpg is not over sharpened. The image is at ISO 6400 and a round of NI was only run on the BG. Part of that challenge I was talking about. Thanks as always for comments and suggestions.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is your best one yet with that rig. The pose is great and the background as well. Nice and sharp.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I love it David! Interesting rig combo! I'm susprised at the remaining quality. Just wondering about the blue cast all along the bird's front?

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Tobie, Yeah me too. It is almost like a rim light as I also see it along the back curve of the head and neck. Thought it was something I did in processing(it usually is), but it is there in the raw file.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Colors a bit warm/funky for me. The BLUE in the front is because the sun is from the right and that part of the breast is in shadow.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.