Thread: Barn Owl

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Barn Owl

Name:  SIF-barn-owl-BPN.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  577.8 KB

After shooting Gannets all day down at Bempton Cliffs, a nice Indian meal with Artie and his team was on the cards. However, I'd heard about a reasonably reliable Barn Owl near by, so passed on the food. It was a bit late by the time the bird made an appearance and no close pass on this occasion (a friend was so close a few days earlier all his shots had clipped wings!) but I think it fits with the theme for this month.

Hope it makes up for going back hungry - I love Indian food!

Canon 1dx
    500mm f4
    ISO 3200
    1/1600th f4

Mike

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice and the food was not that great :) I'd suggest a bit of a proportionate crop from behind and below.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Really like the owl small in the frame. The composition is nice. The owl stands out very well against all that dark green.