Thread: 2 Stilts

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default 2 Stilts

Attached Images Attached Images

This was taken at my local wetlands recently. Would have liked to get closer, but it is what it is: 7Dii, 100-400 at 400mm, 1/1000th sec, iso800, f6.3, manual mode, hand-held. Cheers.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the poses on the birds Paul, 2 good angles. Inclusion of habitat works well. I'm guessing this is a fairly heavy crop, the fine details appear to be lacking a little, not much you can do about it with gear limitations though. If this is the mark 2 version of the lens have you tried adding a 1.4x converter, it works pretty well.

Mike

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ditto Mike. This would have been a lot better if the background grass was not there or if you could have gotten on a ladder ... Another option might have been to get low to put the two birds completely against a grass BKGR.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Mike. Thank you for the feedback. I do have the mk2 lens and have been experimenting recently with the 1.4x mkiii converter hand-held (in fact I did some shooting this morning) so will continue to use it. Yes, I should have used it in this case.
    Artie: I must be getting better (in theory anyway)...as I new someone would mention the angle...getting lower would have been an option here. I do have a small stepladder...might put it in the car! Cheers Artie,
    Last edited by Paul Burdett; 11-16-2018 at 07:58 PM.

5. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This images shows the environment very well. The composition is nice and i like the crop.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you John:)