Thread: Morning Diver...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Morning Diver...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R EF 400DO I 1.4xtcII 2xtcII f14 1/640 ISO 8000 1120mm
    I was eyeing a mottled duck when my favorite diver popped up right in the morning sun and shot me this look. I grabbed this image and right back down she went. Gotta love AF with f11 glass.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sharp with a nice image design but a bit too much RED for me. The bird is swimming uphill. Use the Ruler Tool to connect the bill tip with the reflection of the bill tip and hit Image > Rotate > Arbitrary.

am
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

OK, tried to take off some red and orange(for good measure) in dpp, backed off my usual vibrance boost and tried to level. BTW, one of the other R features I like is a level(an option) in EVF but I haven't trained myself to pay attention to it. And, i grabbed this image quick.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

These guys are really small so you have done well getting a nice close shot. This is a classic Florida shot. Up here these guys are so hard to get close to. Agree 100% with Artie re the rotation (excellent tip there) and the reds. I would reduce the yellows as well as a bit of exposure. Also the bird is a bit too tight on the left side for me and there is a little too much space on the right. I would crop out that little line in the water on the right of the frame.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks, as always for the help Isaac and Artie. Yes, Isaac, they are just as skittish here. The long(albeit old and slow) glass helped here. I'm also liking how the longer glass (thus distance and angle) gives illusion of being more on their level when you are on a boardwalk(as here).

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Good work David. The rotation was needed. Try taking out some YELLOW as suggested by the astute Mr. Hazeghi :)

am
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

In this case Artie, that would be the astute Mr Grant.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Final draft with all astute suggestions. Thanks gents.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Roach View Post
    In this case Artie, that would be the astute Mr Grant.
    They are both such brilliant Mods that I get them confused :)

My bad.

a

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Light looks sweet. Like the ripples in the water.