Thread: After bath shakeoff...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default After bath shakeoff...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R EF 400DOI 2xtcII f10 1/500 ISO 6400

Image created before sunrise with f8 glass. This is one frame from a continuous servo AF sequence. I want to try stacked tcs with this lens next. The 100-400 had AF at 400 with 2xtcII (f11 glass).

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice. I love the head position and the far wing. It might be improved by desaturating the colors a bit ...

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hi David is this posting taking into account the suggestion I made about changing things in PS to address Colour Blindness?

I quite like the HI key look and the blurred wings and lack of detail, gives it a bit of an 'Arty' feel, but agree on the colours do need addressing. If you want you can also bring a bit more tone & depth back into the FG, however if your ethics allow I would clone the various blobs that 'peer' the surround.

Not sure if this helps David?

TFS
    Steve

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks so much for the learnings. Steve, I'm currently studying Artie's digital basics after which I will study Arash and Artie's post processing guide. I will then look into your excellent advice for color blind assistance. I'm not completely color blind just for part of the spectrum. It does throw off my judgement though. Especially on images created in low light like this. I tend to over saturate slightly as it makes the color more vivid to me. This is f8 glass in very low light. Didn't expect super details but the AF was spot on and the image is pleasing to my eye as well. Once again, thanks for the help!

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David, not sure it's 'excellent advice' more a helping hand, but I do hope it may help to resolve your judgement to a degree.

I've only read the marketing stuff and a brief test report on the EOS R so cannot provide any real advice on this new system, but I may get to see more at the end of this month with a 'hands on' perhaps, only then could I perhaps chime in. What I am pleased, 'personally' to see is that you are not afraid to push the ISO.

All the best and keep having fun.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Like the sense of motion to this one. The reflection is nice as well. Looks good for the high ISO.