EF600mm f/4L IS II USM

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Top view, HA, details, colors, composition and BG... Sublime... TFS

3. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a stunner or a top shot with a gorgeous BKGR. And the spread tail adds a lot.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

5. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    This is a stunner or a top shot with a gorgeous BKGR. And the spread tail adds a lot.

with love, artie
    thanks artie❤️

7. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great to see you posting again. This is beautiful and exactly what I have come to expect from your pictures. Excellent details, beautiful backgrounds and dramatic poses. Another stunner. Only thing I would do is select the flight feathers of the rear wing and reduce the blue channel as they have a blue cast. Easy fix for an otherwise powerful photo.

9. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Perfectly beautiful. Details across the back of the bird and the whole image and background a delight .Only thing is that blue cast mentioned above and a touch of it on a couple of places on the near wing as well.

11. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow - spectacular!

13. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

cool top side view and a pleasing BG to go with it Sassan, thanks for sharing. Where did you take this frame and is it a local bird?

the only issue is a bit of noise on the primaries that should be easily fixable in post

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

15. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Grant View Post
    Great to see you posting again. This is beautiful and exactly what I have come to expect from your pictures. Excellent details, beautiful backgrounds and dramatic poses. Another stunner. Only thing I would do is select the flight feathers of the rear wing and reduce the blue channel as they have a blue cast. Easy fix for an otherwise powerful photo.
    Hi Issac and thanks for comment

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    cool top side view and a pleasing BG to go with it Sassan, thanks for sharing. Where did you take this frame and is it a local bird?

the only issue is a bit of noise on the primaries that should be easily fixable in post

TFS
    Hi Ari , thanks for comment ,The eagles coming to the Iran in current season and travel to north africa and india before start of the winter

Macro and Flora Moderator Jonathan Ashton's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Given the equipment ans the data I would have expected to see greater detail unless this was a big crop.
    I think the image has been well focused but the processing is awry as is the Colour Temperature. I would suggest going back to raw, getting the ideal Colour Temp and checking contrast along with highlights, I sense the image could look quite different.

19. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashton View Post
    Given the equipment ans the data I would have expected to see greater detail unless this was a big crop.
    I think the image has been well focused but the processing is awry as is the Colour Temperature. I would suggest going back to raw, getting the ideal Colour Temp and checking contrast along with highlights, I sense the image could look quite different.
    Jon, I Am not at all sure that you and the rest of us are looking at the same image as the FFD here looks just fine to me and to the other folks who commented ...

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

21. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Jon, I Am not at all sure that you and the rest of us are looking at the same image as the FFD here looks just fine to me and to the other folks who commented ...

with love, artie
    That's OK Artie, I just think the image could look a whole lot better, I think it is a good capture but I am not at ease with the colours and blown highlights.

23. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Regarding your comment, this is a fantastic quality for a flight shot image. Maybe it's a problem somewhere else

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I concur, the colors are absolutely fine here I think there might be a problem with Jonathan's monitor :)

Visit my blog

26. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sasan, excellent top view, and this flight pose shows the power of these large Eagles with those huge wings. Love the fanned tail too. The Eagle pops nicely against the smooth BG.

28. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This looks really nice Sasan! The feather detail and eye contact are really top notch. I might be tempted to knock down the blue channel a bit just to get that cast out of the primaries. More personal preference than anything though.

30. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Sasan!
    This is a killer image! Congrats!

32. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sasan my comments are not intended as impolite or destructive nor sarcastic, would you like to send the raw file I cannot guarantee a perfect result but at least I can show you what I refer to.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sasan my comments are not intended as impolite or destructive nor sarcastic, would you like to send the raw file I cannot guarantee a perfect result but at least I can show you what I refer to.
    Hi jonathon, I did not understand what you mean, please send for me email Address

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Sasan thank you for sending the raw file, please find attached an alternative for your consideration. I think one of the major problems was the size of the crop and the size of the posted image, given the size of the crop I would personally have settled for a 1600px image but I have posted at 1900px for the purpose of comparison. The initial image was cropped about 50%, I made a minor adjustment to the colour balance and corrected the blue and purple cast. I have not taken the OOF darker areas out of the image background, an easy fix if you prefer the image on a cleaner background.
    I hope Artie you can appreciate this is the same image, you were in doubt previously.
    Arash this is presented as processed on my monitor that I used originally, I am absolutely sure it is not perfection, I have no illusions, but I think it is pretty acceptable.
    Last edited by Jonathan Ashton; 11-13-2018 at 01:29 PM.

36. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice repost. What was I in doubt of?

with love, artie

38. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice repost. What was I in doubt of?

with love, artie
    You wondered if we were talking about the same image when I expressed reservations and you had an opinion to the contrary.

40. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Sasan thank you for sending the raw file, please find attached an alternative for your consideration. I think one of the major problems was the size of the crop and the size of the posted image, given the size of the crop I would personally have settled for a 1600px image but I have posted at 1900px for the purpose of comparison. The initial image was cropped about 50%, I made a minor adjustment to the colour balance and corrected the blue and purple cast. I have not taken the OOF darker areas out of the image background, an easy fix if you prefer the image on a cleaner background.
    I hope Artie you can appreciate this is the same image, you were in doubt previously.
    Arash this is presented as processed on my monitor that I used originally, I am absolutely sure it is not perfection, I have no illusions, but I think it is pretty acceptable.
    Hi jonathan and thank you for edit , i think The tastes are different in edit, I like my edits more but It was not good ((CA)) on the wing And it should be corrected

Threads
    Thank You Posts

the repost has a strong green cast on my monitor, it doesn't look like the real bird, while I haven't seen a steppe eagle in the wild but I have seen captive ones, it looks like the original. (it's pretty close to our golden eagles).

I mentioned monitor because your images often look too dark on my screen and also have a color cast to them, so something is fundamentally different here....
    Last edited by arash_hazeghi; 11-14-2018 at 02:59 AM.

Visit my blog

43. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not knowing the bird or the habitat, I'd guess that the colors in the original post are a bit too warm (RED) and the colors in Jon's repost are too neutral --Velvia vs. Kodachrome 64. I do not see any differences in image quality or fine feather detail (FFD). Such subjective decisions can only be made by the creating photographer. And as we are seeing here more and more every day, differences in monitors, monitor calibrations, and monitor brightness greatly affect our perception of a given image.

with love, artie
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 11-14-2018 at 08:47 AM.

45. Thanks sasan nejadi thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You wondered if we were talking about the same image when I expressed reservations and you had an opinion to the contrary.
    Perhaps I should have been more clear; I was referring to this: Given the equipment and the data I would have expected to see greater detail unless this was a big crop.

Fine feather detail in the original post and in your repost seem to me to be identical. So it was your statement about image quality (quoted here) that led me to wonder if you were seeing the same image. Those concerns on my part are still valid.

with love, artie

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Not knowing the bird or the habitat, I'd guess that the colors in the original post are a bit too warm (RED) and the colors in Steve's repost are too neutral --Velvis vs. Kodachrome 64.
    Hi Artie, as much as I have been following the various thoughts & exchanges, for once, I have not commented or in this case, provided a RP, I think you meant to say 'Jonathan' rather than Steve.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    Hi Artie, as much as I have been following the various thoughts & exchanges, for once, I have not commented or in this case, provided a RP, I think you meant to say 'Jonathan' rather than Steve.
    Fixed with apologies. You guys not from the US all look alike :)

with love, artie

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fixed with apologies. You guys not from the US all look alike :)
    LOL Artie , the three of us need to meet next year when you are over in the UK, we are poles apart, however I'm the good looking one and no need for any apologies.
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 11-14-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kaluski View Post
    LOL Artie , the three of us need to me next year when you are over in the UK, we are poles apart, however I'm the good looking one and no need for any apologies.
    Hmmm, I think Artie will soon see who is the good looking one

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am not sure. One of you looks like a wild cat the other like a pet dog ...

with love, artie

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hope y'all ain't a'sayin' my Barney ain't handsome !