Thread: Soon to nest...

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Soon to nest...

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R EF 400 DO I 1.4xtcII f5.6 1/640 ISO 6400
    On an overcast, drizzly morning this beauty begged to be imaged as he/she works on the mating plumage and blue lores soon to be complete for nesting season. Slight boost to vibrance and contrast and ran NI. I know, not ideal perch or light, but this attitude and stance called to me. As always, comments and suggestions welcome.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice pose on the bird and i like the setting. Looks a touch blue to me.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the learnings, John. It does have a blue cast as it was a fairly miserable day (overcast and drisly). Thus the 6400 ISO to get it sharp.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Where? While I like the blue lores and the vertical pano crop the image needs more room at the top. LMK if you need help doing that?

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the help Artie, I do have a little more at top but with one bright spot to deal with. This was created at Wakodahatchee. I am currently studying PS processing from PS tutorials and your and Arash's excellent guide. It will be a while and many attempts/practice before I am even serviceable though. Lots of fun learning though. The DPP guide is also a great help.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like the HA and the BG, wish the neck had not intersected with the leaves, easy to clone those leaves out. image has a magenta cast and the detail look a bit coarse on my screen

TFS
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David Roach View Post
    Thanks for the help Artie, I do have a little more at top but with one bright spot to deal with. This was created at Wakodahatchee. I am currently studying PS processing from PS tutorials and your and Arash's excellent guide. It will be a while and many attempts/practice before I am even serviceable though. Lots of fun learning though. The DPP guide is also a great help.
    You are welcome. And thank you. Eliminating a light spot in a sold background is child's play with the Patch Tool. Adding canvas, image clean-up, and tons more are detailed in the BAA Current Workflow e-Guide (aka Digital Basics II) I would advise getting a copy and mastering the basics before going on to our post-processing guide.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi David, I like the pose with the twisted neck, and your comp works well with the pose. Yes to more room on top, and I agree there is a magenta cast to the Heron.