Thread: Lapland Longspur

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Lapland Longspur

Attached Images Attached Images

Although I see this species almost every year during the fall/winter time, it had been a long 8 years since I last had a "proper" opportunity to photograph one. This fella had been in a certain area for the past week, so on a rainy day I took a chance to go look for it, and after a few minutes I found it foraging among the dry grasses. I actually accidentally came to within a couple of feet of it before I spotted it, and it flew to this rock, the prettiest one of the bunch there. Lucky me!

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/500s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, usual eye work, minor rock clean up.and a couple of rain drops removed (there were not enough of them for my taste to keep in).

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice view of this longspur. Great pose with a nice head angle. The rock perch is nice like the lichen on it.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is really nice. I love the rock and the pose. Details and the eye look good. BG is sweet. On my screen it looks like there is a slight halo around the back of the bird, but that might just be the lighting (or me needing more coffee). TFS

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Lucky landing here Daniel, how sweet, perfect HA and details throughout. Well done

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is really nice Daniel! Reddish-brown bird really pops against all the gray tones. Feather structure looks good and the details on the feet are outstanding.
    Love the composition and lichen on rock as well.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great looking frame Daniel!!! I love the color palette and the head turn. When we get these guys in our area they are always just walking around in dry grass and are partially obscured. So I still do not have any proper images of them. I would love a shot like this for my files.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes, you are very lucky. Lucky that you are so skilled and lucky that you work so hard. This is one spectacular image.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Lifetime Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a gem, Daniel. What a great head turn, and a beautiful display of feather detail.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu

Threads
    Thank You Posts

love the design, what nice colors, excellent details plus the moss covered perch well done Daniel
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog