Thread: Just for Giggles 2

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Just for Giggles 2

Attached Images Attached Images

EOS R EF400 DO 2xtcII F10 1/320 ISO 4000
    This image was created before sunrise. It is one frame of a 10 frame continuous (again 5fps) servo AF sequence(with AF point plus surrounding points for tracking). So it was low light in two respects, before sunrise and shooting an F8 lens combo. This beauty was actively hunting with that well known routine, continually hopping, sticking out wings(sometimes one or the other sometimes both). So very active. Out of the 10 shot sequence one was soft. This one is literally the one before the strike. The one after is a blur as the strike was too fast for 1/320 to freeze. The three frames before this the wings were cocked and he/she moved lower and lower. I liked this one best as the neck just touched the water. This was minimally processed with suggested settings in DPP for the 5DMKIV(same sensor) and ISO 4000. There is no noise reduction applied in PS and I know there's noise. After three outings with this camera, I do know by virtue of the RF (faster communication)mount, the improvements in the DPAF tech for still shooting and no need for lens/camera calibration my old canon glass was made better. I have read the AF will work to F11. Don't know if I believe that. But, I can and will try with my old 100-400 and 2xtcII. I would also like to get to the shore and try BIF, even though I was only serviceable at BIF when I quit 10 yrs ago. I am certain the AF is not up to current DSLR standards for speed and accuracy and I've read Panasonic and Sony with hybrid AF systems are also faster. But this leap in DPAF tech (with low light and Aperture insensitive performance) bodes well for further improvements in the future.
    At any rate, I'm having loads of fun, imaging my avian friends again!!!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The pose is interesting. The composition works as well. Image looks a little blue to my eyes.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Glad that you are back enjoying bird photography again. The BLUEs seem to have a bit of a magenta cast.

am
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.