Thread: Emperor Penguins ! Or not ...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Emperor Penguins ! Or not ...

It is Monday evening, OCT 15. I am in Orlando head for MIA and then Buenos Aires (on a long red-eye). Then a bus to the in-country airport and fly to Ushuaia arriving 7:30pm on Tuesday. We board the icebreaker on Friday afternoon. If and only if we are lucky and if the ship can close enough to the Snow Hill Island colony, we will get to board an old Russian helicopter, get off, and walk a mile each way over thin ice ... That is if we survive the dreaded Drake Passage. Wish us luck.

While I have your attention, here is some unrelated info. Avian Mod Isaac Grant sent me an e-mail in early August stating simply that I suck and BPN sucked. Funny thing is he was right. I had been a non-participating absentee owner for several years, commenting only rarely. Since the afternoon of August 8, 2018, I have commented on every image posted to Avian. My great wish is that more folks would comment on images. You do not need any great skill or knowledge. Look at the photo and ask, what do you like and what don't you like. Then type it is and hit Submit New Thread. It is that simple. Please remember that a good critique may often need to include your comments on negative elements in an image. If you overlook obvious flaws you are really not doing as much as you could.

Ask yourself, "When was the last time I posted a suggestion for improvement or a negative?"

I will be back on the afternoon of November 2, 2018.

Have fun until then, and hit the boards at Avian!

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Artie, safe travels to you and fingers crossed the ice isn't too thin and everything goes your way.
    I appreciate your presence here on BPN as well as the rest of the herd. A big thank you to Isaac for letting you know BPN needed your attention, and you listened.
    There is a wonderful community of folk here and we can all learn from each other. While you are chasing penguins, BPN will carry on in good spirit.
    Have a blast.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Enjoy the trip Artie, and hope everything works out with the ice. Looking forward to seeing your images in November. I've learned a lot from this community and hope I can give back some. I appreciate the comments I get on my images, as well as those I see on others, both from which I learn from. Enjoy!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Enjoy your well earned adventure!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, many thanks for your helpful and kind comments on my posts. It's an honour to receive your critiques. Have a good trip and may the luck and the birds be with you. Looking forward to seeing your images.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Ann, Alex, Isaac, and David. I made it to Buenos Aires. Only 10 1/2 more hours to get to Ushuaia :) I will be online until Friday so y'all are not rid of me yet.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Safe travels and good luck. Didn't know you could post on here without a image.

8. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post