Thread: MacBook Pro Monitor Brightness Isses -- Help needed

Hybrid View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default MacBook Pro Monitor Brightness Isses -- Help needed

Attached Images Attached Images

When I first got my MacBook Pro with Retina Display, the brightness of my monitor was fine. But when calibrated it with one software, it t got way too dark. Then I tried the system that Arash recommended. Again it was way too dark. See the calibration strip screen capture -- The four dark boxes are not distinguishable.
    There is no way to increase the Brightness as it is already at the max via the f2 key.

Arash says that you cannot increase the Brightness any more. Does anyone know how tI can get back to the factory calibration?

Desperate for a long time, artie

ps: if you try to help please note that I am a computer dummy and would need step by step explicit directions :)
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Have you spoken to Apple Support and asked them how to fix the problem? May be painfully obvious but just wanted to make sure.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Grant View Post
    Have you spoken to Apple Support and asked them how to fix the problem? May be painfully obvious but just wanted to make sure.
    Thanks. I have not, but will if I cannot fix it with Arash's suggestions below.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

you can increase the brightness, just disable the calibration then max it out. If the laptop is NOT connected to the outlet and battery is not full, the screen will dim and you cannot max it. you need to connect it the power outlet.

BTW, what version of Spyder are you using?
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    you can increase the brightness, just disable the calibration then max it out. If the laptop is NOT connected to the outlet and battery is not full, the screen will dim and you cannot max it. you need to connect it the power outlet.

BTW, what version of Spyder are you using?
    Thanks Arash,

How do I disable the calibration? Please remember that I am a computer dummy and need simple instructions :)

Then,by maxxing out the Brightness are you referring to using the F2 key?

It looks like Spyder5 Pro.

Many thanks,

a

Threads
    Thank You Posts

are you using the old or the new Mac book pro with touch bar? new Mac book pro does not have a "F2" button you need to touch the sun icon on the touch LCD bar

alternatively you can go to display settings and turn off the automatic brightness adjustment and max out the brightness, that is as bright as it will ever get

Name:  brightness.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  268.9 KB

Visit my blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arash_hazeghi View Post
    are you using the old or the new Mac book pro with touch bar? new Mac book pro does not have a "F2" button you need to touch the sun icon on the touch LCD bar

alternatively you can go to display settings and turn off the automatic brightness adjustment and max out the brightness, that is as bright as it will ever get

Thanks Arash. I have an older machine: 2014. Following your directions helped as the Brightness slider was only 7/8 to the right. But at least the last three boxes on the left look like one drk one :(

I am pretty sure that before I ever started calibrating, that the default calibration was much brighter as I remember seeing all of the darker boxes being differentiated. But I could be wrong on that :)

So, is there anyway to go back to the default calibration so that I can check up on my memory? or, I guess, to disable all the custom calibrations ....

thanks with love, artie

Threads
    Thank You Posts

the calibration profile should not affect brightness when you max it out as described above. You can click on the Spyder icon in the upper right hand side of the screen (next to WiFi and battery status) and quit the application to make sure.
    Keep in mind that as your laotop's battery becomes weaker Apple will make the CPU slower and the screen also dimmer when you are on battery power to preserve battery life... so you may need to have it plugged in all the time.

Visit my blog