Thread: More on BLUEs

Threaded View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default More on BLUEs

Attached Images Attached Images

Black-bellied Plover, adult winter

This image was created on the 2018 Fall DeSoto IPT on the afternoon of September 24, 2018. I used the InduroGIT 304L/Mongoose M3.6-mounted Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR lens, the Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II, and my souped up (9 fps) mega mega-pixel Nikon D850 DSLR.. ISO 400. Matrix metering +2/3 stop: 1/2000 sec. at f/6.7 in Manual mode. AUTO1 WB at 54pm on mostly clear afternoon. Three up from the center AF point/d-9/Shutter Button/Continuous (AI Servo in Canon) AF was active at the moment of exposure. The selected AF point was on the back of the bird’s neck where it meets the upper back, right on the same plane as the eye. Click on the image to see a spectacular larger version. Phase detection AF Fine-tune value: +1. See the Nikon AF Fine-tune e-Guide here.

To learn about my in-the-field experience with this bird and learn about the post processing, see the Adjusting on the Fly, White Neutralizer, On Getting to Know a Location Intimately, and Announcing the 2018 Early Winter DeSoto IPT blog post here.

As for the image, don't be shy; all comments are welcome and appreciated.

with love, a
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.