Thread: Female Fairy wren

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Female Fairy wren

Attached Images Attached Images

Here's a recent female Superb Fairy wren that posed nicely for me. 7Dii, 100-400 lens at 400mm, 1/200th sec, f5.6, iso500 hand-held. Some processing in ACR and PS including some noise reduction to the BG mainly and sharpening. Cheers.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Neat bird, pose, and BKGR. Do yu have more room on the right (and on the left as well)? The eye and the area right around it needs some selective sharpening. The bill is mega-sharp. Do note that the top of the post is not level ... Do you know how to use the Ruler Tool to find the right rotation? This one needs to go CW.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ditto all of the above by Artie. It's often tempting to fill the frame with such beautiful birds, but it is most often better to include lots of space all around when the whole body is visible. Plus you got an interesting background that would be worth including more of (if you have it). I love the perky pose!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice pose and a great background to go with it. Agree about more room behind the bird.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Artie. Yes, I did think about leveling the post but didn't think it was necessary. However, I do know how to do this, so 'll re-edit and apply your suggestions, including allowing more room left and right (which i do have). Thank you.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi John/Daniel. Cheers...will re-edit and re-post.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Re-post

Thank you all for the feedback and suggestions. Here's a re-edit...I think it's better? Cheers.
    Paul

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Burdett View Post
    Thank you all for the feedback and suggestions. Here's a re-edit...I think it's better? Cheers.
    Paul
    Way, way better. Notice how much sharper the face looks with a wider crop. I went 3X2 for my repost here.

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Artie. Yes...much better with that crop, and I was also thinking that my repost showed too much of the perch. Your crop fixed that too. Thank you.
    Paul

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Burdett View Post
    Hi Artie. Yes...much better with that crop, and I was also thinking that my repost showed too much of the perch. Your crop fixed that too. Thank you.
    Paul
    You are most welcome; mon pleasir.

a