Thread: Hello Photographers!

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Avian Hello Photographers!

After having been "self-taught" for several years now, I feel the need to learn from others. I look froward to seeing your work, having some of mine critiqued, and learning more about equipment.

I retired several years ago and sometimes marvel a little at how I arrived at being interested in photographing birds. It came from some volunteer work at a local wildlife rehabilitation center, where my job was to care for injured and orphaned (mostly baby) birds. I saw birds up close that I had never even noticed, much less knew the names of. A while later we went to Botswana, which contributed the photography part. Finally, I do enjoy the equipment and art aspects of bird photography.

For now I use a Canon 7D Mark II and Canon 100-400mm Mark II, and am looking forward to getting upgrade recommendations, at some point. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area of California and thus happily have access to a pretty wide range of bird species.

I'll be seeing you on the forums!

Ed

Story Sequences Moderator and Wildlife Moderator Gabriela Plesea's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Edward and a warm welcome to BPN

Enjoyed reading your introduction and looking forward to your participation!

Hope you have a wonderful week-end

Kind regards,
    Gabriela Plesea

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN Ed!! This is a highly addictive hobby, so brace yourself. You have good enough gear for the moment to get yourself some great images, especially of larger or tamer birds, and even others with good field craft. Soon enough you'll want more though. Hope to see some of your work soon!

BPN Limited Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you, Daniel!