Attached Images Attached Images

Another in flight of a juvenile on a overcast morning
    D850,850mm,f5.6,1/2500s,ISO 1600.
    Thanks for looking,comments welcome.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Debapratim, another wonderful hornbill in flight you have captured.. I do like the face , HA, and the colors throughout, what a BG! Nice to see the wings having some definition, well done, what a treat to see this awesome bird!

3. Thanks Debapratim Saha thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beyond superb. You just need to open up the dark face a bit ...

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

5. Thanks Debapratim Saha thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is a fantastic view of the king of the forest. Great Hornbills are amazing birds. When they take off you can hear them from such a long way off. I have seen them many times in the forests of Asia. To my eye the processing is off and as presented the colors are thin and the whole shot seems to have a film over it. I would increase the exposure about .25 stops. I would deepen the blacks of the bird. A good way to do that is to go to selective color and choose the black channel. Then increase the blacks in the black by 2 or 3 points. I would reduce the greens in the bird as well as the overcast light has caused a bit of a green cast on the bird. This is typical of highish ISO shots and something that has to be fine tuned in post. With some minor tweaks you really will have a winner here.

7. Thanks Debapratim Saha thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Those spread wings are absolutely stunning, and this is a really amazing capture. I agree with Isaac in that a bit more PP should be applied.
    Right now the image lacks contrast and associated pop.It's as though it was shot through a very fine mist, and I think that effect could be
    minimized using some of Isaac's suggestions.

9. Thanks Debapratim Saha thanked for this post
    Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

The wing spread position is outstanding; very well done on a beautiful bird. I would suggest only increasing color saturation and contrast, as others have mentioned.