Thread: White Ibis

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default White Ibis

Attached Images Attached Images

A half-hour before sunset, in February of last year. I was sitting behind my lowered tripod, at water's edge on the North Beach Lagoon of Ft. DeSoto, waiting for Big Red to make his evening appearance, when this Ibis appeared from my right and walked right toward me. I began to think he would walk right into my lap. This is full-frame. (Big Red came over to my side of the lagoon 15 minutes later.)

D500, 500f4 + 1.4 TC, ISO 640, 1/3200s @ f/8 manual.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Hi Bill, wonderful golden light and that blue eye sure does shine. I like the details throughout and the raised foot that has a bit of weed entangled in between the toes. I understand this is full frame but would like to see a bit more top canvas, nice job of the virtual foot. Also, maybe consider stamping out the blackish spots that are behind the long beak... TFS

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice light with a nice pose. The composition is nice.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice with SH and EXP right on. I would likely have liked it a lot more without the TC ...

with love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful light and wide-eyed expression. Details in whites are great. I see Artie's point about the TC - would be nice if he had more breathing room in the frame.

6. Thanks Arthur Morris thanked for this post